Within the attachment below are my answers to your good questions.
Regarding your question “What ideas do you have to improve the school district?” — I have a few additional thoughts which are not included in the attachment. As I learn more of the details of the various issues facing the school district, I may develop further thoughts.
- Continue to enhance the overall quality of our teachers by providing an inviting professional atmosphere, and by enhancing and refining the Teacher “Pay for Performance” system currently in place.
- Increase the number and variety of charter schools as the student population grows — to allow additional good choices for our students and their parents.
- Further enhance the implementation of the concept of local, individual school administrative control and accountability for quality and efficiency. (by the school Principals)
- Further insure school security with armed guards in all our schools.
- Work to improve teacher/student ratios by creating greater administrative efficiencies.
- Assess and enhance, where deficient, intellectual diversity within the relevant subjects taught in our high schools.
- Enhance athletic competition opportunities for our students.
- Enhance the fine arts/music participation opportunities for our students.
- Insist on “Zero Tolerance” drug free schools.
Thank you, Andrew, for your interest and efforts to gather information from the candidates, and disseminate information to your school and your classmates’ parents regarding this important election.